Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Acts of Prose (Part II)



I saw this pine cone sitting on a rock and immediately grabbed my camera. Julian has a large cemetery protected by towering pine trees. Walking through the grave yard, one can see the stories of people who have walked the steep hills and wrote the pages that make up history of the town. As you continue to read this story, I hope you can find a story in your surroundings that will tell whatever tale you would like the world to know. Continue to enjoy this random act of prose...

Julian (Part II)

When I met her I was overwhelmed and completely in awe. To describe her as beautiful would be an erroneous use of the word. She was incredibly stunning. I wanted nothing more than to be everything to her that she was to me the first day I saw her. I knew I wasn’t an ideal for any woman but I figured if I could find a way to make her love me I would be happy forever. Luckily, sometimes life gives you just enough to accomplish your goals.

Opportunities like Desiree rarely presented themselves to me. I met her in a grocery store and I knew that she was the key to my happiness. She wasn’t impressed with me from the beginning but I was persistent. My life was actually pretty drab until our first date. I was in the produce section when she smiled at me and it honestly took me off guard. As a matter of fact I was standing in a mountain of onions when first said hello. (It’s a long story.) She actually started the ball rolling to change my life forever. She suggested a few changes in my appearance that I reluctantly accepted. Who knew a haircut and new clothes could make a man feel so good. Not since I was awarded the “Innovator in Bio-Engineering” award at Cornell had I felt so complete. She even talked me into having lasik surgery on my eyes ridding me for good of those thick glasses I hated. I was so impressed with my new image in the mirror; I decided to give Desiree a few thousand dollars to start the clothing boutique she had been dreaming of. It really was the very least I could do for her.

I was a new man. I took a few trips up to Julian after meeting Desiree because it was my favorite place to think and I decided it would be the place that I would make one of the biggest decisions of my life. I made hotel reservations hoping that a nice, quaint place would ease both Desiree and me into this crazy phase of our relationship. I knew she wasn’t completely sold on the idea of being with me, which made my decision so urgent. I brought along everything I would need for the ultimate seduction. I brought a radio with a mix tape of slow songs, chocolates, champagne, and strawberries. I bought sexy lingerie that I was sure would fit the most beautiful woman I’d ever met. I left no stone unturned, I even arranged a limo for the drive home.

Desiree wasn’t exactly in awe of the Julian Hotel but it didn’t matter. I was focused. When I saw her that day in the grocery store, I knew she would be perfect in everyway. I needed her and I spent the last three months trying to convince her that she needed me. When we made it to the room I knew I had to act fast. I couldn’t waste any time. Luckily, Desiree dropped her bags and disappeared into the bathroom. I took her bags and placed them by the door. I opened the dresser drawer and placed a single red rose in the top drawer. I had written a note to Desiree well before the trip and sprayed a bit of Tea Rose perfume on it, hoping her favorite perfume would make it easier to read. I knocked on the bathroom door and told Desiree I needed to pick up a few things in town and would be back soon. She said okay and I grabbed her bags and sprinted down the stairs.

When I made the reservations, I instructed the limousine driver to meet me outside the hotel an hour after our calculated arrival time from San Diego. He was early which was perfect. I gave him an extra fifty dollars to wait and put Desiree’s bags in his trunk. I opened the cabin of the limousine and opened a bottle of champagne and poured a glass. Just as I finished I saw her approaching. I closed the door and felt the same sensation I did when I first laid eyes on Lacey. She smiled when she saw me and walked over to me looking confused.

We said our hellos and she took a step back to admire the new me. We hadn’t seen each other since my last trip to Julian, a few weeks before. I could tell she was impressed. I informed her that I had something special for her in my room and asked if she would join me upstairs. She hesitated but agreed and followed me to my room. My plan had been set in action.

I first met Lacey about two weeks before I met Desiree; she was working at the front desk of the Julian Hotel. Though I had been to Julian a few times, it was the first time I wondered into the hotel. I knew she was way out of my league but I was obsessed with the idea of being with her. The day I met Desiree, I knew she would be exactly what I needed to get Lacey to like me.

I reached out my hand as we walked up the hotel steps and she grasped it and smiled. I was so appreciative to Desiree for helping me blossom into the confident man that I had become. As we walked towards my room, I was confident that Lacey would take one look at how beautiful Desiree was and be impressed that we were together. My plan was to show Lacey what I was willing to give up for her and she would be so honored that she would fall madly in love with me. Since Desiree wasn’t that into me anyway, I figured she would be happy to head back to San Diego in a limousine with champagne after serving her purpose. I also assumed that she had read the note I left on her pillow explaining all that she had done for me and how she had helped me get closer to Lacey, my one true love. I approached the door and whispered to Lacey that she would love what was on the other side. I grasped the handle and turned…


The conclusion? You decide...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin