Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hearing God's Voice

Much like the wind the voice of God can be incredibly gentle, soothing  and unnoticable when compared to the hustle and bustle of our lives.   If we don't pay attention we can miss the intimate conversations God  so desperately wants to have with us.  I have tried to remove the word  coincidence from my vocabulary and recognize those incidents I have  written off as chance as God's gentle whisper in my ear. 

For instance, when I pray for favor on my job my boss opens my eyes to an  opportunity I was previously unaware of.  Or traveling to work or home  I seem to hit every green light.  This isn't luck but God showing traveling grace.  Conversely, when I'm in a situation in which i'm not  sure how to proceed God closes a door only to open another one.  With  this attitude how can I see any situation as negative? 

 So if it seems that I can't miss a red light or that a  police officer is following me for miles, maybe God's hands are slowing me down to protect me from unseen danger.  Maybe a disagreement with my  
wife is God asking me to see a side of a situation that no one but her could illuminate to me.

Don't get me wrong, I've known God to be quite brash in certain instances.  Usually he deals with me in the very same fashion I deal with my own children.  There are times they require my swift hand of justice or protection, a hand they fear but respect all the same.  I believe God is no different.

I believe that being a believer is a choice.  God has given us the awesome gift of FAITH.  To no longer be boggled down with why or how is  truly a blessing.  It is because I believe that "it" is.  I have faith that  to have an intimate conversation with my redeemer requires me only to close my eyes, open my heart and listen.
TMass

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin