Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finishing What I've Started

I have a notorious habit of starting things and never finishing them.  My wife (and mother) can attest to the fact that I have project after project in various stages of completion.  The problem is that there are so many things that interest me and capture my attention.  I want to be the type of person who can focus on one thing and one thing only but I’m not.

I do not want this blog to become one of the many tasks in my life that go unchecked on my to do list.  Sharing my thoughts and feelings with the world is important to me and I realize that I must commit to interesting and frequent entries.  The problem arises when I am suddenly captured by anything that happens to grab my attention.  For a long time my relationships were the same way.  Reaching an age of understanding has helped me to become more focused on the tasks and projects that I have started.

For those who read this blog, I want to offer my sincerest apology for walking away, even temporarily.  I understand that asking people to take part in my world is a commitment that shouldn’t be taken lightly.  This blog is very important to me because it keeps me in touch and in practice with my passion.  A passion is like anything in life, it requires commitment, tenacity and a strong will to finish what has been started.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin